Students - Welcome to Math Super Stars!
Do you like to be rewarded for your hard work? Do you like to receive prizes and recognition for doing math? Then Math Super Stars is the program for YOU!
This year’s Math Super Stars theme is Math Rules! As you complete worksheets, you will be working towards great prizes and incentives.
Session 2 Deadlines
#13 due MAR 1
#14 due MAR 8
#18 due APR 19
Session 1 Deadlines
#4 due OCT 26
#5 due Nov 2
#9 due Dec 7
You will then need to find your grade and the worksheet that matches the week we are on in the Math Super Star session.
As you read the problems each week, you may find yourself PUZZLED. Don’t worry, your parents, trusted friends or another adult can help you read the problems and offer hints for solving them. But remember, don’t let them tell you the answer – that’s your job!
Here are some suggestions for making a success of the program:
- Establish a work schedule that allows enough time each week to think about the problems prior to Thursday night.
- Monday night – read all the problems to understand the problem situation.
- Tuesday night – read all the problems again, and do the easy ones.
- Wednesday night – read the remaining problems again, and try one or two harder ones.
- Thursday night – finish as many of the remaining problems as you can.
Try as many problems as you can. Don’t forget, you must hand in the worksheet on Friday.
Remember to try your best and have fun!
The Math Super Star Team
Please contact Libby or Angie if you have any questions.
Session 1 Deadlines:
The deadline for 1st session sheets to be completed and turned in is Friday, January 14th.
The pizza party for those children who have completed 8 out of 9 sheets for the first session is scheduled for Thursday Feb. 3 during lunch (snack for kindergarteners) -- the invitations will be going home the week of January 24th.