Loudoun County School-Business Partnership
Application for Job-for-a-Day Program
The Loudoun School-Business Partnership will be sponsoring the Job-for-a-Day Program for high school juniors on Wednesday, November 12, 2014 . There is a second date only for those students placed at Inova Loudoun Hospital: April, 2015 (final date TBD) . Students who participate in the program will spend one day with a business in the community that is involved in a career in which the student is interested.
The goals of this program are:
- Allow students to explore fields in which they have an interest or aptitude.
- Offer students exposure to career fields about which they have not previously known.
- Strengthen students’ awareness of business, industry, and business enterprises within the community.
- Heighten students’ decision-making processes related to life skills and career choices.
- Provide students with hands-on experiences with people, places, and things not always available in the classroom or school environment.
- Help students learn about job/career opportunities within the local area.
If you are interested in participating in this program, please complete the online application and agreement no later than Friday, October 31, 2014 . There are a fixed number of placements available in each career choice, so apply early to secure a placement. If you apply for a position that is full, you will receive a notice that the chosen career category is no longer taking applications. You also must submit a copy of your resume. These forms are the all-important “first impression” that the placement committee and business partnership sponsor have of you. You will want to make a good first impression.
You are responsible for your own transportation. If this presents a major problem, please discuss it with the career center assistant or your counselor.
To complete this application, you will be asked to provide your resume. Please click continue only after you have your document prepared.